.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Tuesday, July 20th is the day and I CANNOT wait!
We went back to the OB today (my last visit!) to check my progress, or lack thereof. My blood pressure is still great, Brennon’s heartbeat is still in the 140’s, and I’m still not showing any early signs of labor. No contractions, no dilatation, no thinning. SO, the c-section is on! Everyone keeps asking why no induction and why not wait for natural labor and my OB really cleared it all up for us today. It really has nothing to do with how much they estimate he weighs, it’s literally about is size; head, femur, abdomen, and spine measurements. Induction with big babies causes complications and although we can wait for natural labor, I will still need a c-section. Without being too National Geographic, my pelvis is too small and even if his head fits, his shoulders and abdomen will not. I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t a little disappointed at first, but all that matters is that my Lil’ Peanut is healthy. Although it could change at any second, I’m thankful to have a plan and be a bit prepared.
6 days and Brennon August will finally be here!

In other news, my good friend Lauren and I are working on a small photo business. Check us out and refer us if you like what you see!
http://bigpicturephoto.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment