.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Almost 3!


I'm such a slacker. Our sweet boy is 19 days old- almost 3 weeks, and I haven't updated our blog since he was 1 week. I now understand more than ever, why "adults" always say that time flies and that kids grow up so fast. They really do!
We went back to the doctor on Thursday for a quick weight check. Brennon is back up to 8 pounds and 10 ounces, exceeding his birth weight by 1 ounce and gaining almost a pound in a week. He's still 21 inches and seems to be getting stronger and smarter by the minute. The doctor told us that between weeks 2 and 4 babies go through a really big growth spurt, explaining why the last few days he's been SO hungry and SO tired. He also said that we don't have to wake him up to eat every 3 hours anymore- music to my ears! Brennon can now sleep 4 to 6 hours without interruption, but because I'm breast feeding and breast milk doesn't sustain a baby as long, 4 hours is about his personal limit. All is very well on our homefront! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment