.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yum-O!

Brennon is growing so fast and it's time for baby food! I decided about a month ago to try and make our own baby food. I was a little scared, but it's going very well and is SO easy! For about $5.00 I made acorn squash, sweet potatoes, carrots and green bean purees. Each puree made about 18-20 servings of each vegetable. Jar foods are SO expensive and although I'm not great at math, I'm pretty sure I saved us about $35-$40. We did already have a blender and a steamer- both are a must for making your own foods. I did have to buy 6 ice cube trays for about $2.

I've been using the site http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ as a guide. This site takes you step-by-step in the food making process and outlines what foods are appropriate at what ages. It also has recipes for mixing foods when babies are older.

No comments:

Post a Comment